Say Yes To Engagement Photos!
You’re newly minted, freshly engaged humans! The love vibes are flowing like the tequila shots that got you here. Now what??
You’ve probably heard people say that engagement sessions are just a sneaky way for photographers to make more money off of you.
Truth: I don’t actually make a lot of money on engagement sessions!
Another hesitation I hear from couples is that they are afraid of looking too unnatural or cheesy. I don’t like these types of photos either! As long as you’re communicating your concerns with your photographer, they should be able to tailor an engagement session around what feels real to you.
If they’re not just not for you, that’s totally fine. But, if you’re on the fence, I would like to offer my opinion on why I think they’re a great idea.
1. Most couples only have a bunch of blurry selfies and cell phone pics together. You’ll have beautiful, professional photos of you on your wedding day in wedding attire, but why not take advantage of getting professional photos of how you are in every day life?!
2. When we’re taking couples photos on your wedding day, most couples don’t want to spend too much time away from their guests. Often times, there just isn’t a lot of time to devote to these on a typical wedding day. I would spend two hours taking photos of just the two of you on your wedding day, but I also understand that it’s just not realistic in a lot of situations.
3. They’re so much fun! My philosophy on engagement photos is that they should SCREAM you. We can go anywhere, do anything, make a day out of it, or only an hour out of it. We can tell inappropriate jokes and drink fireball or you can get super romantic and makeout on top of a mountain. Whatever your vibe, that’s what we’ll do!
4. You get comfortable in front of the camera before your wedding day. I suck in front of the camera. Like, beached whale caught in headlights kinda suck. So, I get that it can be awkward. But, after awhile, you’ll see that it’s really not awkward! Plus, we will have time to get to know each other a lot better before your wedding. You’ll know what to expect and I will feel more like a friend who occasionally bosses you around and tells you to raise your chin.
5. Most importantly… You’re getting married! You earned this. You’re hot for each other and in love and it’s a really exciting time in your lives. Document it! You earned some nice photos of the two of you.
Bonus reason for why you should say yes to engagement photos: You can bring your animals!
For more information on how to schedule your own engagement session, send me a message! [contact-form]